Automation Technician - Nisku
Surepoint’s Vision is to Provide the best customer experience...ever! By caring more about each other, our customers, our company and our communities.
The Automation Technologist will be responsible for the daily maintenance of Automated Assembly Cells.
- Point of contact for mechanical maintenance activities on machines and periphery equipment, resolve faults and errors on machines, and re-teach robot and vision systems as required.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance tasks.
- Evaluate machine fault history and develop action plans to resolve.
- Update and correct position and sequence for machines as required.
- Assist with program updates to reflect assembly changes.
- Ensure dialogue on operator interface screen matches updates.
- Assist in creating task guides and manuals.
- Provide assistance for the maintenance, calibration and upkeep of current pressure testing systems.
- Participate in all continuous improvement and troubleshooting workshops to improve assembly process, cycle time and part quality.
- Reduce productive time lost by users
- Reduce income lost due to service failure
- Reduce materials consumption
- Reduce loss of business opportunities
- Reduce impact on customer satisfaction
- Reduce time delay and data loss in the event of a situation/incident
- Reduce likelihood of incidents
Training and Certification
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Previous oil and gas experience an asset
- Working knowledge of the drilling industry
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office products including, Excel, Word, and Google Email
- Previous experience with computer controlled equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to respond to inquiries in timely manner
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers in order to receive quality services
- Adaptable and responsive to changing business needs
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment to ensure projects are completed efficiently
- Ability to take control of a situation and make decisions
- Ability to remain focused, prioritize and act
- Ability to take ownership and accountability
- A proactive self-starter who can operate both individually and as part of a team
- Attentive to detail
- Innovative problem solving and fault diagnostic skills
- Communicates effectively, written and verbal
- Respects and ensure confidentiality of information
Regular office hours are generally required, overtime may occasionally be required
The employee may be asked to perform other duties outside the ones described in this job description. The employee will not be asked to perform duties that their supervisor believes they are not qualified for or duties that may compromise the safety of the employee, their team and any other persons involved with the operation.
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Group Benefit Program
- Group RRSP Program - With Employer Match
- Outstanding Safety Program
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits, and an outstanding safety program. Those who are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.